Just a quick PSA for anyone in the the local area (SF Bay Area) that Silicon Valley Comic Con 2017 is this weekend in downtown San Jose at multiple venues. I’m actually located in San Jose, so I’ll likely stop by check out some of the festivities. The con is in it’s sophomore year and it’s officially the biggest one in the Bay Area since the departure of WonderCon to Anaheim.
Last year they had greater than expected attendance of 60,000 people so it’ll be interesting if they top that this year.
Though all the indoor events require paid tickets to attend, there will be free outdoor events as well. Check the link for a full listing of stuff happening outside. They will be having an outdoor festival every day of the con which the general public can attend:
Friday, April 21: 5pm – 10pm
Saturday, April 22: 10am – 10pm
Sunday, April 23: 10am – 5pm
Featured activities will include:
- Outdoor stage featuring performances, comedians, trivia games and contests, musicians and more
- Second stage for local bands
- Lagunitas Brewing Company Beer Garden & Winery
- Food Trucks & Food Vendors
- Outdoor Artists Alley
- Sony PlayStation & Oculus Pop Up Demo Stations
- SVCC Science Fair: Saturday & Sunday from 11am – 3pm
- Saturday: “Save the Planet” (Earth sciences for Earth Day)
- Sunday: Future Tech (robots and space travel)
- San Jose Public Library’s Maker [Space]Ship Truck
- Rover.com Dog Cosplay Contest
- Water Stations Provided by Essentia Water
- Evening Movie Screenings
- Picnic Tables & Areas to Relax
- Interactive Exhibits, Vendors & more!
He's the lead in everything technical when it comes to Destroy the Comics. He built it on WordPress, hardened the security, optimized the page speed performance, implemented search engine optimizations, set up marketing automation tools, and customized the design. When something breaks, he's the guy that either broke it or has to fix it (usually both). He's also the guy coordinating the author team, handling marketing, and sourcing guest content--not to toot his own horn too hard.
A graduate of SFSU with degrees in Marketing and English Literature, he's got experience working in digital marketing agencies, startups, and in his own freelance ventures wearing a multitude of hats in every role. He's currently upping his technical game with a Udacity Nanodegree program in front end web development.
Latest posts by Sunny Mui (see all)
- Silicon Valley Comic Con 2018 San Jose Events + Food + Party Guide - April 5, 2018
- Nerdist Improv School: Journey to Rebranding as Ruby LA & Experiences - April 3, 2018
- A Black Panther Review: The Diaspora, Black History, and Power - March 19, 2018